It is one of the best centers for marine research and animal care with a deep understanding of the underwater world.
They research developing novel methods of veterinary medicine and animal care. Besides this, it has numerous exciting shows and feature exhibits where you can see the magnificent sea creatures and touch them. The Aquarium’s main aim is to closely associate with oceans and promote the conservation of aquatic life.
You can purchase Georgia Aquarium tickets online or at the venue and get excellent places to stay nearby. So get ready to see some exceptional galleries, exciting shows and have creative encounters at this one-of-its-kind Georgia Aquarium Atlanta.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Aquarium is the largest Aquarium globally, with more than 100,000 myriad varieties of aquatic animals living in perfect harmony in about ten million gallons of water. It is a scientific institution that works towards educating both children and adults through various programs.
Georgia Aquarium facts
Here are some exciting and fun facts about this beautiful Aquarium that have made it one of the world’s most-visited aquariums.
- Georgia Aquarium was made open to the public in November 2005 and had over one million guests within the first 100 days. It touched around 3.6 million guests in the first year itself.
- It is one of the largest aquariums in the world, with over 10 million gallons of water.
- The Guinness Book of World Records certified it to have the maximum number of sea animal species globally.
- The largest exhibit in the Aquarium is the AT&T Dolphin Tales, with 1.8 million gallons and 84,000 square feet in area.
- Deep, a Garibaldi damselfish, is the official mascot of the Georgia Aquarium. Found in the Cold Water Quest.
- Georgia Aquarium Ocean Voyager is the most significant indoor aquatic habitat globally, with 6.3 million gallons of water and around 50 different species.
- River Scout is the only freshwater gallery of Georgia Aquarium with about 45,000 gallons of water.
- Tropical Divers Pacific, a barrier reef habitat, is one of the most significant reef exhibits in the US.
What makes Georgia Aquarium special
If you live in the US or are visiting friends and family, a trip to Georgia Aquarium Atlanta is a must. It will acquaint you with tens of thousands of marine animals and educate you and your children about ocean life preservation.
You not only get to see and experience marine life here but also take back beautiful souvenirs from the Georgia Aquarium gift shop.
You can pick up a Georgia Aquarium hoodie or get unique, stylized mugs for yourself and your loved ones and many other gifts. Here are some of the reasons why you should visit this Aquarium.
Exciting Events at Georgia Aquarium
Georgia Aquarium Atlanta has an active event calendar with specials shows, exhibits, and programs all through the year.
From having adult-only Science on Tap series where education mixed with food and drinks to have an annual Fish & Chips golf tournament,
an initiative to raise money for the Aquarium and sleepovers where you can spend a night at the Aquarium.
There is always something special that is sure to pique your interest.
Make your special day unique.
Watching the regular shows and encounters with the sea beasts, you can spend your special events here.
Have you heard of having a wedding with the backdrop of fish, corals, and much more? Now you can have that dream wedding as Georgia Aquarium hosts events like weddings, birthdays, meetings, and other unique dos for you and your loved ones.
You can get a detailed breakdown of the Georgia Aquarium wedding cost on the official website.
Georgia Aquarium volunteer programs
For those interested in contributing to the aquatic world and doing your bit for society, you can enroll for Georgia Aquarium internships and volunteer programs planned through the year in 30 various departments.
So if you have a passion for conservation and empathy towards marine life, Georgia Aquarium is the place for you to be. You can also apply for Georgia Aquarium careers and jobs on their official website.
Georgia Aquarium prices are affordable, with many packages and discounts available.
For instance, you can avail of huge discounts on the most expensive shows and events if you book online or even arrive at the venue between 11 and 4 pm. For instance, military personnel can avail themselves of a special Georgia Aquarium Military discount.
It is valid on Mondays between January and October. Similarly, some freebies for members, too, do all your research before picking up the tickets. Compared to the number of things there are to do and see, the Georgia Aquarium cost is entirely justified.
Georgia Aquarium Admission
The Georgia Aquarium tickets are relatively easy and simple to procure. All you have to do is fill in the date and timing with the number of guests visiting and pay up the amount.
There are Georgia Aquarium discount tickets as low as 15$. It would help if you looked at Georgia Aquarium Groupon for better deals and packages.
- The cost of a regular ticket for adults between the age group 13 to 64 years is $32.95, for children between ages 3 to 12 years is $28.95, and for senior citizens above 65 years is $30.95.
- All the Georgia Aquarium price tickets<span data-preserver-spaces=”true”> are at 30% after 4 pm. Also, if you book a parking slot and the access, an additional amount of $12 is to be paid, but the tickets’ price gets reduced. There are many discounted packages for bigger groups and families. You can also avail Georgia Aquarium student discount after showing requisite age proof.
- If you buy an Atlanta CityPASS, the Georgia Aquarium ticket prices <span data-preserver-spaces=”true”> 40% or more on admission. The price for the city pass tickets is adults 13+: $77 plus tax ($139 value) and children 3-12: $63 plus tax ($112 value). The Aquarium also offers an Anytime Pass that allows wone time entry ticket to the Aquarium at any time within a year of the purchase, priced at $45.95 + tax. Besides this, you can avail yourself be huge Georgia Aquarium discounts through an annual pass that gives entry to the venue at any time of the year.
- Georgia Aquarium membership allows you and your family discounted prices for all-new adventures, shows, and programs. With all these discounts you can pay make up for the membership cost in just two visits. Being a member gives you access to some special member-only events too.
You also get Georgia Aquarium coupons added to the tickets’ price and get many additional benefits like food and beverages. Check the official Georgia Aquarium website for any new discounts and packages.