We scoured the internet to find some of the funniest fish puns and clever jokes ever.
With so many fish in the sea, it should come as no surprise that fish puns abound. Scientists have of-fish-ally identified over 34,800 different living species of fish, and they keep discovering more every year.
If you’re an enthusiast and want to share your love for fishkeeping with friends and family, there’s no better way to do it than with fish puns.
Careful not to overdo it because it can get boring. The trick is to diversify your fish puns for different occasions and increase your arsenal of cute fish puns.
Best Fish Puns
Here’s our compilation of some cute fish puns that don’t get any betta than this.
- Let’s make this o-fish-all (let’s make this official)
- I am very so-fish-ticated (I am very sophisticated)
- What a fish-ous rumor (What a vicious rumor)
- Fishing you all the best (Wishing you all the best)
- Best fish on your big day (Best wishes on your big day!)
- Thank cod it’s over! (Thank god it’s over!)
- Cod I borrow this fish pun from you (Could I borrow this fish pun from you?)
- You cod do better next time (You could do better next time)
- If you can think of a better fish pun, let minnow (If you can think of a better fish pun, let me know)
- From the Make a Fish Foundation (From the Make a Wish Foundation)
- It’s trout of this world (It’s out of this world)
- Whale, whale, whale, what do we have here? (well, well, well, what do we have here?)
- I’ve got the license to krill (I’ve got the license to kill)
- I’m so angry, I could just krill somebody (I’m so angry, I could just kill somebody)
- Don’t listen to them, I think you’re fin-tastic (Don’t listen to them, I think you’re fantastic)
- Why do I need fish puns in my life? Just for the hal-i-but (hell of it)
- There’s no need to be koi about it (there’s no need to be coy about it)
- I can C-O Sole (I can see your soul)
- “I’ve got my own tank and anemone wall” (I’ve got my own tank and my own wall)
- The grayling fish aspires to grow up to be an arc-tic (architect)
- My mom wanted me to be a surgeonfish but I wanted to be a Palette (Palette surgeonfish)
- Man, there’s a lot of fish in the tank, it’s like o-vermillion (vermillion rockfish)
- Are you guys going to lock us in here forever? I don’t know how I-wolf-eel about that (I don’t know how I will feel about that)
- My boss really schooled me at work
- The judge found this website gill-ty of overwritten fish jokes!
- This website provides you with a great opport-tuna-ty for fish guides
- Gill-ty as charged
- I am hooked to these fish puns
- These fish puns are starting to get a-trout-cious now!
- There is a time and a plaice for jokes
- These fish puns are dolfphinitely getting out of hand
- Any fin is possible, just don’t trout anyone!
- You’re in charge of your own school, never leave it to salmon else.
- No one can do this Betta than me
- The fishing store closed down because its net profit wasn’t high enough
- These fish puns are a pile of carp!
- We are generating a-trout-cious fish puns at scale!
- Life as a fish can be overwhelming
- Salmon, call a doctor!
- Oh for cod’s hake, not another fish pun
- You don’t have to be a brain sturgeon to get into fishkeeping
- Now that’s a load of pollocks!
- I’ve been herring a lot of good things about the fish puns on this site
- Cod these fish puns are eely bad!
- You can bait these fish puns won’t go on much longer
- I am your nemo-sis
- I will show you my wrasse!
- Let’s all clam down now because I’m still very shell shocked
- Salmon had to say it!
- Fish puns are a big issue a-monk fishkeepers
- I have a really good eeling about this
- I like to cuttle with you (cuddle)
- I love me some cafin (caffeine)
- I am looking for my sole mate
- Now I’m off to do some sole searching
- The DJ knows how to drop that bass
- He’s my biggest nemo-sis
- Keep your friends close, but your anemonies, even closer
- Any fin is possible
- With friends like these, who needs anemonies?
- It doesn’t get betta than this!
- I’ve got a huge haddock (headache)
- Holy carp, it’s your wedding!
- I’m skating on fin ice with these fish puns
- These fish puns are very fin-teresting
- Never trout anyone, not even yourself
- Get trout of here!
- This is absolutely krill-iant!
- These fish puns are absolutely gill-iant
- Let minnow if you can complete this assignment
- I’m piranha roll (I’m on a roll or on parole)
- The angelfish looks like it came from heaven
Dating Fish Puns
- I love you from the bottom of my sole
- I’m in love with salmon else
- I will love you for a krill-ion years
- I need a gill-friend
- I’m fin love with you!
Funny Fish Names
If you are particularly fond of your fish, it’s time you gave it a name. It makes sense to pick a longer name and become creative. Some owners give their fish first, last, and even middle names. Whatever you pick, make sure it falls in line with your fish’s compatibility and makes you feel happy.
For a Pair of Fish
- Phineas and Ferb
- Rocket and Man
- Oopsy and Daisy
- Tic and tac
- Ebb and flow
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Splish and splash
- Aqua and Fina
- Sea and Weed
- High Tide and Low Tide
For Single Fish
- Genghis Karp
- Phish Styx
- Salmon and Gillfunkel
- Gill Clinton
- Happy Gillmore
- Bubble Fett
- Tarter Sauce
- Swim Shady
- Tuna Turner
- Marlin Monroe
- Alpha Betta
- Nat Kingfish Cod
- Mr. Fish
- Golden Hawn
- Tiny Fin
- Fish Fieri
We’ve of-fish-ally run out of fish puns and jokes.